FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gold, would it be worth it?
View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2018, 10:20 am
All She Wrote

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by madfish
Welcome. You certainly have come to the right place.

Rather than a TP run how about TP optimisation? When flying to the US fly into one city and then connect to the city you want. Likely to add a few hours but orobanly no extra cost and you’ll earn an additional 40TPs each way in J,

Considering I make around half my trips to Pittsburgh I think you might have struck Gold (get it), up until now we've been picking her car up in YYZ and driving down via Niagara. I'll definitely look into that in a bit more depth, hopefully you're right on the cost part! My last trip this year may work for this which could get me very close to the line, so a big thank you!

Originally Posted by bisonrav
Why not see where you get to and then decide? It'd make sense if you got to 1400 TP to nudge yourself over the line, less obvious if you need a few hundred TP.
Although a lot of my bookings are fairly last minute due to not knowing where I'm going, due to my work I have to put aside the time for travels quite far in advance (sometimes as little as 2 months, sometimes up to 12 months), in this TP year I have 2 trips right before my collection year ends, the second literally getting back the day before. I have 2 holidays booked for the summer that won't be done with BA so my options are basically committing to it now(ish) or giving it another year!