FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luxury Tour of India: Thoughts on these hotels?
Old Feb 13, 2018, 4:57 am
mumum17

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Exec, CITI Prestige, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold and all ever changing
Originally Posted by KI-NRT
When spending many hours and many thousands of dollars to visit tiger country, it's of paramount importance to see a Tiger, don't you think?

Given that the property/property service/guides are all packaged up at the top tiger resorts, I'd be happy to "sacrifice" a slight reduction in service/room quality for a better shot at a better wildlife experience.

With the Oberoi or Taj properties, you're not giving up a lot, either (if anything.)

But maybe that's just me.
Well said.

IME, you will not "sacrifice" ANY going with Oberoi or Taj. I think many times we get sucked into one brand and start thinking too much of them...

Also, agree with bhrubin, if you like food, Delhi is a wonderful place. I hate the traffic there and the pollution levels have only gotten worse. However, its a gem for food.

Going to Agra from Delhi, another option is by train. Now this was many years ago, but their first class on the train was great...really better than driving at the time.