FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - India joins US Global Entry programme.
View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2018, 12:18 am
BruceWaine

Programs: Global Entry, TTP CBP,
Originally Posted by Dev Lall
Indian Living in India & have gone thru the entire song & dance as described by Keyser. Application was Mid July 2017. Portal gives the same narrative as everyone else. It seems the Indian system is stuck in slow motion & is not communicating back to the US.

But here is a clincher. I fly thru JFK at least once a month & since applying have been thru it at least 6 times. They now allow all B1/B2 visa holders to go thru the electronic both & scan passport & visa page get print out & walk out. Average time for all 6 times has been under 3 minutes from print out to baggage carousel. Time taken to do all the scanning etc about 5 minutes the first time & about 2 minute once you know the drill.

I believe it is only at Terminal 4 but it is brilliant & totally negates the need for a Global entry if the US is going this way at arrivals.
I guess you are talking about the automated passport services for B1/B2 visas, they have been there around from 2015-16, when my friends from India visited Dallas, they just had easy walkthrough with help of Kiosks. They have these automated kiosks for B1/B2 all major international airport terminals.