FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Feb 12, 2018, 7:40 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by points1
share card - they asked if one family member had permission to make a charge on the card and the answer was yes. That is why I suspected it could be the reason - just a guess. Combing points is allowed if you are in the same household. I understand that to mean family/address. I have not seen where they mention authorized user or spouse. My prior question about combining points was just because of the warning "repeatedly opening or otherwise maintaining credit card accounts for the sole purpose of generating rewards" (most people reading this are probably guilty of this - even though everything is legit, with no MS, I just prefer to go unnoticed)

That is off topic though because I don't think it is at all related (points were not combined). Back to my original questions - after an account is closed, do any experts know if there is a time period where it is safe to try again? If this is unknown then the person shutdown will probably just stay away from chase. I will probably still apply when I get under 5/24 (soon) and be conservative
What possibly made Chase to ask you such question? unusual charging pattern that does not match with the cardholder's profile established at application? But you said all were organic spend? The spend is way larger than the cardholder's reported annual income? because Chase determines the cardholder is not responsible on his spending habit, that was my understanding based on what has been revealed so far. Though I still could not understand what is going in if there is no MS involved.

There is no set rules om how long Chase would forgive the offender. Go back in the history of this thread you would see the time lapse required is all over the place. S/he could try again after at least a year or longer. Not going to harm if it is rejected.