FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Moana Surfrider, Waikiki Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:37 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Thank you pretty much what I would have expected on the rooms. The property has been in somewhat of a decline for awhile now. But it is one the beach whereas the Marriott and Hyatt are not the latter having it's own issues. what did they do with your resort fees?

Travel safe
I had to pay the resort fee. No platinum resort fee discount, but you do get a 15% discount card. I did hear someone say the resort fee is waived on government rates. If you milk the resort fee and lounge it is a good value. However, if you're eating and drinking outside of the lounge and don't use the resort fee's included amenities then it isn't a good deal. But some of the amenities are difficult to use. For example, you have to go to a neighboring SPG hotel to claim them. The internet is free everywhere on-property to anyone who walks off the beach. But supposedly you're paying for it. That irks me more.

I think the issue with the hotel is it's simply too big. It's basically three hotels put together -- the tower, the old historic center wing, and the wing closest to Diamond Head.