FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis Dubai, Al Habtoor Polo Resort & Club [Master Thread]
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:18 pm
zzap

The current TripAdvisor and SPG guest reviews of this property are quite tragic -- a few seemingly seasoned travellers are indicating that it is the worst St Regis property they have ever been to -- with LOTS of people complaining that the rooms are outright dirty. It also seems like the GM has changed already, as reviews from October are being responded by Andrew Henning, with GM title, but more recently by Stéphane Dartois.

One of the reviews mentions the motion-sensor AC:

"Another major problem with the room is the power / AC. The room doesn't use the keycard slot for turning on the power like most hotels use - instead, it uses a motion sensor. Now - here's the problem - if you're sleeping, you don't move, and the power goes off - so does the AC. This is DUBAI in the SUMMER - and the AC turns off when you go to sleep. I woke up twice sweating to have to turn back on the AC. It's a terrible system, and really needs to be fixed."
I find this feature horrible in properties around Asia -- I can't imagine what it is going to be like in the UAE's summer season during May/June.

Have any FlyerTalkers stayed here yet?