FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Volcano House vs. Kilauea Lodge on Big Island
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:42 am
soliloquy

Programs: Several...
Volcano House vs. Kilauea Lodge on Big Island

We are finalizing our plans for our trip to Hawaii this spring. We are staying at Mauna Lani for a week, but wanted to take one night to do Volcano National Park, of course. We have been debating between Volcano House and Kilauea Lodge. There aren't many videos on youtube for Kilauea Lodge except the ones of the staff doing funny staff challenges.

I know neither of these are 4 or 5 star resort quality and we don't care about that for one night. I just want to know if there's one property that is more convenient over the other. We were able to reserve a room at the Volcano House, but only a standard room since every other room is sold out for that time period. Since there will be no view of the Volcano from our room, I was wondering if we should just stay at Kilauea Lodge and drive up to Volcano House for dinner and then on to Jaggar Museum at night. Your thoughts?

KL is about 150 less per night for their deluxe "Honeymoon" room, but that's not a huge factor if VH is clearly the better choice.