FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luxury Tour of India: Thoughts on these hotels?
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:55 am
KI-NRT

Programs: UA GS 3MM, NH PLT
Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Well purely as a tiger destination, one should go with the photographers and/or perhaps camp out in the woods with a real tent. But this is not a tiger forum.
I visited the Oberoi Vanyanvilas. I am not sure about the guides/tigers, but I didn't think the Oberoi was superior in any way as a resort to Aman-i-Khas, other than being more of a family destination.
Without having been to the others, wildlife photographers etc I've spoken to - agree that Ranthambore is not the premier tiger destination.
When spending many hours and many thousands of dollars to visit tiger country, it's of paramount importance to see a Tiger, don't you think?

Given that the property/property service/guides are all packaged up at the top tiger resorts, I'd be happy to "sacrifice" a slight reduction in service/room quality for a better shot at a better wildlife experience.

With the Oberoi or Taj properties, you're not giving up a lot, either (if anything.)

But maybe that's just me.