FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unofficial: Complimentary CK/EXP Premium Economy Upgrades?
Old Feb 11, 2018, 7:48 pm
pdcarg77

Programs: AA : EXP / AR : ORO
My experience on UPG Y to W.
Saturday 2/10. AA#908 EZE/MIA on a 772.
Flight was quite full even at time of booking, a few days before. I had to go with Y (K fare).
My first upgrade attempt was Y to J using SWU, but the lady at the check-in counter said they could not process it there, and had to call the EXP line. She also said less than 4 seats available with a few IRROPS (AA and UA flights to NYC got canceled only hours ago and paxs were getting re-accomodated wherever possible) so who knew if I could get it.
Then I asked how about Y to W. She said it had a "$0 value for EXP on certain tickets" but once again, she couldn't process it at the counter, I had to do it at the kiosks, even though I was already checked in.
She walked me over, we went through the whole processg and at a moment was offered Upgrades: Y to J not available and Y to W at $0; agreed to the latter, chose my seat and was printed a new BP.
I boarded with Group 2 (would have anyway being EXP) and sat on 13C (aisle, bulkhead).
Seat was ok, deffinitely appreciatte the extra width and space. Service on board was as discussed on other threads, a rare mix of elements from J and Y.
Still waiting for miles to post on my account to check what kind of EQM I got.

Last edited by pdcarg77; Feb 11, 2018 at 7:51 pm Reason: Wrong flight #