FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wi-Fi on the A350 & PE
View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2018, 8:06 pm
henrus

Yeh, I did complain especially since 40% of the paid time was unusable and just got the following response (basically a fob off)

There are some factors that may cause interruptions to the service such as weather conditions, number of users on the system, gaps in satellite coverage, system repair or hardware failures.

If you have issues connecting to the WiFi please try connecting in a few minutes as the Wi-Fi service might be temporarily unavailable. If the problem persists, please contact [email protected] or submit a message via the Contact Us page.
Yeh, I've experienced free wifi before on Norwegian Air and it was good enough to do a Skype call (it did have a lot of lag). SQ really needs to rethink their provider but I've heard the brand new A380's have faster signals with download speeds around 20mbps and uploads of 2mbps 500MB data setting you back US$29.99.

I guess unlike Iceland Air or even the US carriers with GoGo Air to Ground it's quite hard to get full worldwide signal something which is required for the SQ A350 fleet as they operate flights to almost every corner of the globe.