FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First trip to Italy - itinerary feedback
View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2018, 7:54 pm
MelP

Programs: DL Silver, AA, UA, B6, WN
Based on comments here and reading up more on places, I have revised my itinerary somewhat by adding a day in Venice and Rome, and subtracting one in Milan and Florence - I am not the biggest fan of Renaissance art, so seeing David and hitting the Uffizi will suffice on the museum front. Here's how it is looking now:

Sun Oct 14 – arrive Milan early morning, wander city
Mon Oct 15 – Milan show
Tues Oct 16 – Milan, possible show
Weds., Oct. 17 Go to Venice early
Thurs, Oct 18 Venice
Fri Oct 19 – Venice
Sat Oct 20 – Go to Florence early
Sun Oct 21 – Florence
Mon Oct 22 – Florence
Tues Oct 23 – Go to Rome early
Weds Oct 24 – Rome
Thurs Oct 25 – Rome
Fri Oct 26 – Rome
Sat Oct 27 – Rome
Sun Oct 28 – Go home!

There will likely be a couple of day tours/trips in there = probably a Tuscany one from Florence (I do not drive and am mainly a city gal, so doing anything major in the countryside is difficult) and then something from Rome. May also go to Turin or Verona for the day from Milan..I think I have my accomodations roster figured out - I had made a couple of cancelable reservations initially in Milan and Rome, but am canceling those and going with others. Coming in under budget all around - staying at a chain hotel south of Milano Centrale in between Repubblica and Porta Venezia stations in Milan, a guesthouse in Dorsoduro in Venice, a B&B in the Centro Storico in Florence and a serviced rooms/apartments place in Monti in Rome.