FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - India joins US Global Entry programme.
View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2018, 7:18 pm
obelix1

It's all done. Found a convenient slot at EWR. Took around 10min for two person. Email confirmation came just after walking out. - 5yr default (expires on birthday)

Few things based on the interaction with officer:

1) It's linked to the visa, NOT to the petition. If there are not valid visa in the passport then they can't approve. Since it doesn't know the petition so I-94 will be limited on that. This may be important for H1B folks due to transfer/extensions, etc. Just to keep in mind conditional approval is good for 1yr.
2) New visa stamps requires in-person visit to CBP to get this updated. Rest of updates like passport, driver's license, etc. needs to be maintained online.
3) All traveling members, including infant, needs to have valid GE in order to use the kiosk. Even if one member doesn't then then general line needs to be used if declaring customs together. This info is easily available but I mixed this up with TSA PreCheck that allows children to tag along with parents - they don't need their own TSA PreCheck. I had to apply for my daughter 2 days ago who has US passport so will have to visit again in 2-3 weeks.
4) CBP appointment needs to be booked for each member from their own account.

Last edited by obelix1; Feb 10, 2018 at 7:31 pm