FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Rumor] More Polaris "Enhancements" coming May 1, 2018? ...
Old Feb 10, 2018, 6:49 pm
cricketer

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Reporting back from FRA-SFO today:
  • Hot Bites were listed on the menu! One of the FA's said they are gone eastbound to Europe, but available on the westbound daytime flights as most people stay awake. I have no idea what was available for the hot bites because I unexpectedly slept for 6 hours :-)
  • The duvet has changed --- I was a little surprised at how compact it looked rolled up, and when I unrolled it it was a lot thinner than what we've been used to. I don't know if this is an actual change, or I just got an old one that has been washed and dried a lot and has thinned out. Felt like the former though.
  • Lemongrass Chicken. Holy Smokes. This might have been better than the spicy chicken udon noodle thai curry soup. I tend to avoid rice (given that I gorge on the dessert options), but the accompanying rice was surprisingly soft and moist. The chicken was tender and cooked just right. And the lemongrass sauce - wow. Now granted, I've been eating meat and potatoes in Eastern Europe for a week, but even then.
  • I miss Channel 9 -- have never seen it turned on on the 77W :-(
  • Gel Pillows and Mattress Pads were stored above 2L as well as 9A
  • Crew was friendly, but boy was the FA on my aisle slow with the meal service. He seemed a tad slow at the start, but eventually fell a whole course behind -- the other aisle was being served cheese while we received our main course. Speed isn't so much an issue on daytime flights, to be sure, but the result of this was lukewarm nuts, and soft, melty ice-cream.