FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HELP DESK & FAQ: Gold and Platinum Status Challenge
Old Feb 10, 2018, 1:09 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by jungly
I signed up for the "status challenge" where if you hit a certain amount of miles in 90days you get platinum status. Unfortunately they wouldn't let me challenge for "platinum pro".

Question 1: I've heard people sometimes get invites to 'challenge status' up to platinum pro and executive. Will I get this invite some time this year or next? Or am I disqualified because I signed up for their 'status challenge' already.

You’ve been misinformed. They never do that.

Question 2: I'm signing up for 'founders card', does anyone know if this group gets the 'platinum pro or executive' AA status challenge? Or do they only get 'platinum pro' which is available to the public via AA's 1800 number?

Though this is not a Founders Card forum, you’ll get only what the offer from Founders Card stipulates (I hope - FC and AA had a debacle a few years ago).

Question 3: I have the Barclay AA aviator Red card, where if you spend $25k you get 3000EQD. But I find this perk pointless since you'd also have to make up for it in EQM separately? If that's the case I prefer to put my flight expenses on my AmexPlatinum 5x or ChaseReserve 3x. Do anyone use the Aviator Red for the sole purpose of the 3000EQD, or do you not recommend it because of the EQM caveat.

? The elite qualifying anything you earn via Aviator Red or Silver are Elite Qualifying and are added to your earned EQ. If you fly cheaper fares and make status on EQM, the $3k Red or $6k Silver EQD can make the difference between earning status or not.

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 10, 2018 at 2:17 pm