FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Rumor] More Polaris "Enhancements" coming May 1, 2018? ...
Old Feb 10, 2018, 10:42 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by milepig
This. I recently was on an Icelandic flight from KEF to LHR in Premium Economy, or whatever they call it, and based on that experience I wouldn't hesitate to use them for the relatively short hop to KEF from ORD, and certainly from the East Coast. Clean Modern plane, GREAT IFE that ran circles around UA, decent food that I could preorder. No reason to not fly them for a fraction of the price UA wants for J on similar length flights. You don't get the big lie flat seat, but the flight is only marginally longer than many domestic flights. The vultures are circling and unless they run out of money sometime soon will give the legacy's a run for their money on these relatively short flights.

I'm not a big fan of TK. The service actually isn't all that great, and the J seats are the worst semi-lie-flat seats I've even been in. Horrible. Ground service is hopelessly inept, onboard is better but not world class.

I'm actually a fan of the LOT 787 experience and fly via Warsaw every change I get. The food is actually good, they board the nice wines that the menu says they have, service is pleasant, seats are great. Amenities like seat covers are actually provided without having to ask. And you can't beat the price. A bonus is that Warsaw is a dream airport for transfers, and when I was late landing one time there was someone waiting at the gate to help me who walked me through a back way to my next gate.
And you are fully aware that LO & TK seats are EXACTLY exactly same (actually fairly enhanced on majority of TK aircraft)?

You can complain about this or that aspect of LO or TK service (for the record they both use outsourced employees at their respective hubs), but I am not sure why you can claim than LO seats are superior to these used by TK...

And for the record both carriers are better than UA...