FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luxury Tour of India: Thoughts on these hotels?
Old Feb 10, 2018, 9:13 am
blueline7

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by bhrubin

If I can recommmend anything about India, it’s that Varanasi is a place not to be missed. We did Udaipur (Oberoi Udaivilas) and Jodhpur (Taj Umaid Bhawan Palace), but I’d still pick Varanasi over either of those. Varanasi was the most incredible place in India for us. You can check out my review of the Taj Nadesar Palace which includes some of the incredible sights we enjoyed there in Varanasi.

If you must choose between Udaipur and Jodhpur, I’d go with Udaipur—despite the Umaid Bhawan Palace being one of the most incredible “hotel” experiences we’ve ever enjoyed. Jodhpur’s Fort and nearby temple was underwhelming for us, such that the Umaid Bhawan Palace turned out to be the only real highlight to us. As opposed to Udaipur, where we enjoyed the sights both within the city (and it’s beautiful lake) but also outside the city in the more rural India (more akin to the Amanbagh experience).

OTOH, India is so big that you’ll never get to do everything you want in one trip. So make your choices based on your gut (and based on ease of travel) and leave the rest to another trip.
Well said!