FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2018, 5:09 am
megaloman

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by THEOBCMAN
Can I ask when doing these TP runs for example OTP-PHX, entering the USA when the customs officer asks ‘What are you doing here ?” Has anyone had issues with the TP/ mileage running explanations ? Anyone been pulled in for extra checks ?

Not that there’s anything to hide - just asking.
Be honest and say you're on a mileage run (they're more familiar with mileage runners then tp runners) - and that's if anyone asks you a question. These days you can use the APC kiosk when entering the US where you scan your passport or visa, answer a number of questions, take finger prints and you're done, just hand your slip to the immigration officer and you're in.

On my recent trip to Hawaii on a ticket originating from Cairo I was taken for an additional "chat" - for some reasons they got an information that I've flown directly from Cairo (I was on a ticket from CAI, but CAI-LHR leg was done a couple of months earlier). It all looked scary at first (they took me to the big blue waiting room...) but in the end it was just a friendly chat - when I explained that ticket was way cheaper from Cairo and that was the only reason I went there, they've let me go wishing me amazing time in Hawaii. So my advice is - don't lie, be honest, you'll be fine.