FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread
Old Feb 9, 2018, 9:29 pm
knit-in

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by hamburglar
FYI, I found a segment from CAN-LAX on China Southern business class (on Delta.com and ExpertFlyer). When I tried to book, it said it wasn't available. I tried online and by phone. Both did not work.
I had the same thing happen, just a few moments ago! Expert Flyer sent me an alert for SYD-CAN-DEL on China Southern, and I immediately called Delta.

The agent could not book the flight. I gave her the specific flight numbers, date and times, but no dice.

She further looked into it and said that Delta is not authorized to issue awards on these airlines if they are not originating (or terminating, I am assuming) in the United States. Since my flight is from Sydney to New Delhi, Delta cannot (or is not "authorized) issue award tickets on CZ, China Eastern or Vietnam.

Before I call again, is there any specific instructions/ requests I can make to help the agent help me redeem this flight? Conversely, is there somewhere I can confirm what she said about being unable to issue award flights that don't involve travel from the US?