FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Group Boarding 2018 - first hand experiences
Old Feb 9, 2018, 2:03 pm
TPRun

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by sPaCePiR8
Experience from BA 961 MUC-LHR yesterday night: first time I've noticed "an attempt" at group boarding in Munich (I usually go there once a week). No lanes or any equipment to close off / open areas by the gate B 03), likely due to space constraints. Boarding was delayed due to snow so quite a large crowd was waiting in front and near the gate already. Announcement of group boarding by gate staff, quite a lot of people rushed forward when Group 1 was called. Grouping was enforced partially, i.e. they briefly looked at every 5th-10th persons BP. It felt like an unusually high number of Group 1 passengers just from glancing at boarding passes and the fact that there were 5/6 rows of CE on the plane but nevertheless it is good to see that they're trying to implement it in MUC as well...in previous weeks it simply was the old style CE/Gold/Silver/Bronze first and then everyone else
BA927 from Munich today at B01 was the same. No lanes of equipment. Just announcements. No checking. Seems like everyone who considered themselves important was in group 1. There was a lot! Including intra-group fighting including this gem: “excuse me, can I get passed?” “but your boarding pass is blue, you can’t be in group 1” “ yes but i’m travelling at the front of the plane, you’re in the back”

group 2 and 3 together and there weren’t that many. People in group 4 and 5 seemed satisfied enough to wait.