FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Freedom 2018, 1st Q, Bonus Categories
Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:07 am
Stgermainparis

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by bgriff
Good point, it appears Amex at least does treat it that way:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8225844
Wallethub says this "Chase Freedom cash advances are very expensive, thanks to a hefty fee and a high interest rate, both of which apply immediately after the transaction. The Chase Freedom cash advance fee is $10 or 5% of the amount advanced, whichever is greater. The Freedom cash advance APR is 25.99% (V). And that goes for both Chase Freedom and Chase Freedom Unlimited. You’ll also need a PIN to complete a cash advance with either Chase Freedom card. But getting one is as easy as calling Chase customer service (1-800-432-3117) and requesting it. It should arrive by mail within 7-10 business days. Then, you’ll be able to withdraw cash from most ATMs using your Freedom card. Just bear in mind that your “Cash Credit Limit” will be a lot lower than your standard spending limit."

So if it codes as cash advance, minimum fee is $10. If anyone has tried using Freedom on Apple Pay to make a payment to a friend, please report back. I while ago, I lowered my CA limit to $100 and they wouldn't go any lower.