FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone else find the trademarks on United menus super tacky?
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:41 am
jamesinclair

Originally Posted by Often1
The choice for a US carrier is simple. If the carrier simply lists "rum" or "Woodford Bourbon" there is no reason to acknowledge the TM. But, if the menu lists "Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Borbon Whiskey" that is a TM and any marginally sane US business would acknowledge the TM. If you look at the DL menu above, you will see that DL does not TM the rum because it is simply Baccardi Rum, but it does TM the Woodfords.

If obeying US TM rules dating back 60+ years is tacky, OP is absolutely right to see it as tacky. But, it really should be moved to the thread suggested in #11 where it can be compared to the misfortunes of people deprived of BP's with a giold stripe and hot towels which lack sufficient thread count.
I think its an interesting point.

I've certainly seen the trademark stuff on chain restaurant menus, but no fine dining establishment will have it.

I wonder if it's simply not enforced, or if the rule is that you must only follow it if your company exceeds X number of employees or revenue.