FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why is Suvarnabhumi Airport and Thai on the ground so awful?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:29 pm
shevboyz

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BinSabai
of course it is a rip off!
- nobody is telling you that they are more expensive (I have seen somewhere some hidden sign board about that, but who is looking at that? it's like the small print in a contract...)
- the guy at the end of the queue assigns you to a Chrysler or Benz without telling you that it is more expensive..and I have more then once observed that they assign westerners or tourists from other Asian countries (like China or Japan) to those (outside the normal one after the other number assignment)
- you have to actively refuse to take a Chrysler or Benz if assigned
- some years ago I made the mistake (as I did not know) and was assigned to a Chrysler. The driver did not tell me upfront, but drove off and after I asked why he did not turn on the meter, he told me that there is a fix price (I can't remember the price but it was nearly double of what I usually pay). I told him to drive back to the airport and he dropped me off at the taxi booth without paying anything. Many people are after a long journey too tired to pay attention or don't dare to refuse.
- Benz also use meter and they even lie to me, that the rate would be the same. But actually it's significantly more as the normal Taxis!
- so they actively pray on passengers from abroad!
As a local, I would avoid the Chrysler at all cost. And the experience is nothing special at all as well. However for the Benz, its not significantly more expensive than the usual cabs, the rate are really about the same. But from Changi, grab and uber are the way to go, you avoid the que and the obscene $5 surcharge.