FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luxury Tour of India: Thoughts on these hotels?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:38 pm
Altocumulus

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by MacMyDay
I went in April, AKA also bloody hot. We never had any issues with the heat at any point of the day, even when it too was close to 40C. The only thing I did have a slight issue with was the lack of any tigers. It's also surprisingly cool in the mornings, so expect to wrap up first thing.
The heat is tolerable when you're driving. I would not advise skipping drives, so you don't repeat our mistake which was skipping one afternoon drive to relax by the step-well, only to have people return from that drive thrilled with a spectacular tiger sighting. We made up for it with leopard sightings (more rare apparently) in Sariska during a fantastic day out from Amanbagh. And we still really enjoyed Aman-i-Khas. but it was somewhat irritating

Also agree with the above - there isn't much advantage to a private car. We do take private vehicles in Africa but don't think it's necessary here due to the standard roads and relatively small vehicles anyway.