FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 8, 2018, 6:48 pm
Firemin

Programs: BAEC Gold, CX MPC Gold, Avis preferred plus, MyWaitrose card
Originally Posted by ubiest

the destinations covered by the 3-legged UL runs are quite broad generally speaking all of UL’s destinations in Asia - most of the Indian subcontinent, Maldives MLE and GAN, South-East Asia and East Asia.

Most routes are 640 TPs, but you can max out at 840 TPs at destinations over 2000 miles from CMB.
Those are HKG / CAN / CGK / PVG / PEK / NRT also MEL, however that is a much higher fare.

Another good starting point for these runs is DME, which earns the same TPs; however, on most routes you’ll spend 300-400 EUR less than from MUC, and is easy to position with RFS. Visa may be needed if you want to leave the airport and explore Moscow.
Thanks. I can't seem to get them to price properly on Google flights, so I guess I need to find them on Matrix.

Considering a nested run of:

CGK-CMB-DOH (Ticket 1 o/b)
DOH-CMB-HKG/CAN-CMB-DOH (ticket 2)
DOH-CMB-CGK/HKG (ticket 1 i/b)

Which should net me either 1120 tps, or 1160 if I can get HKG-CAN to price (without the HKG-CAN leg Google flights reckons the total cost is ~£1470 if my last flight is back to CMB (i.e. £1.31/TP), or ~£1785 if my last leg is back to HKG (so £1.59/TP). Would need to get avios positioning (from HKG) to CGK but shouldn't be an issue.