FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi & Barclaycard AA Credit Card Free Domestic Checked Bag / Baggage / Luggage
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:45 am
MathMusic

Programs: AA PLT, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by deadmoneywalking
Me again. I wanted to ask if anyone had a hot take on Citi vs Barclays for my 1st time AAdvantage card appllcation. I'm a small time flyer about 5 times a year around the West Coast cities and really just would like the occasional free ticket or waived baggage fee. I do own a small business of around $3k in sales volume so I could apply for the business card. There's a piece of furniture I'd like to buy soon and feel that I am getting some benefit. Thx in advance.
Current Barclay signup bonus is around 50k miles, while current Citi personal bonus is only around 30k miles. Business Citi platinum bonus is 60k right now.

Both Citi cards have the annual fee waived first year, barclay does not. However, the barclay can be used to earn 3000 extra EQD if you put $25k of spend on it in the calendar year. If you find yourself needing extra EQDs to make the next level of status that might make the difference for you.

I currently have both personal cards, since I got the elevated 60k signup bonus for both cards this summer.