FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 8, 2018, 2:28 am
nufnuf77

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by flyuk
I have a question that someone might be able to answer on this thread...

I'm planning on doing the OTP-PHX-OTP run with an LHR-OTP-LHR wrapped around it. I have a b2b with 50min turnaround at OTP, but this is LHR-OTP on a BA booking, and OTP-LHR on an AA Booking. Usually, with the turnaround thread info, it doesn't look like it'd be a problem, but I'm a bit concerned I need to be checked in on the AA journey before I get to OTP if I'm going to make it before the check in close.

I'm wondering, can I check in online for the OTP-PHX-OTP journey with AA, travel the first leg of the LHR-OTP-LHR leg and stay airside to start the OTP-PHX-OTP journey? I'll be hand luggage only.
I have had my fair share of problems with AA online check-in when international journey and codeshares are involved. If you can't check in with BA at T5 I recommend heading over to T3 AA counter before departing for OTP, as that will be your ultimate last chance. Notice the check in will close before you land at OTP so HBO/Airside/Landside won't matter, you need to be checked in by deadline 1h before OTP-LHR-PHX...