FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - India SIM cards advice
View Single Post
Old Feb 7, 2018, 8:34 pm
luv2fly4free

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The guys at the airport know how to handle foreigners application. Airtel is very aggressive on prepaid nowadays and offers massive 1GB/day for nearly no money. Which leads to their network being overloaded though... jio is only LTE and rather nice.
Thanks for the advice about Airtel. I am unsure if Jio has sufficient coverage across my area of travel if only LTE. Wouldn't that be limiting? Typically, despite LTE increasing battery life and providing higher speeds, I find it often doesn't work as well in "weak signal" areas, unlike 3G services, which may continue to maintain a steady connection even if slower. Wouldn't there be lots of gaps in coverage with Jio as a result outside the main cities or in weak signal areas, if totally dependent on LTE service?

As for LTE, do Airtel and Vodafone have about the same level of LTE coverage?

If that is the case about Jio (see above) and it is back to choosing between Vodafone and Airtel, is it felt Airtel's network is overtaxed more so than Vodafone with Vodafone having fewer low performance/reliability issues across a wide geographical area (since less popular and less overused than Airtel's towers I assume)?