FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Georgia, USA {US-GA}
Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:12 pm
linsj

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DougNJ
I stayed at the Doubletree last month. I have Gold status and they gave me a full breakfast. I could choose from anything on the menu too, not just the buffet.

Regarding the HGI (which is across the street from the DT) that you asked about above, they were doing some construction when I was there in January. Many guests who reviewed the HGI on TripAdvisor and who had stayed there during the construction gave the hotel poor reviews because of the noise. That was a major reason I chose DT over HGI. I don't know if it is still ongoing but you might want to check if it is if you are deciding between the HGI and DT.
Good to know about DT breakfast. I'm a huge fan of HGIs, in large part for the breakfast, also for microwave that DT doesn't have, but am now leaning toward DT.

HGI site says construction will be completed at the end of February. I skimmed a number of reviews on TripAdvisor, and they focused on the construction; don't know if the renovation is solving some of the problems people mentioned.