FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Starwood hotels switching from Coke to Pepsi products as a result of Marriott merger
Old Feb 7, 2018, 4:05 pm
GeezerCouple

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
What a shame.

We *much* prefer Diet Coke to Diet Pepsi, to the extent of being unable to drink Pepsi.
(From old college years, people kept trying to secretly switch, and no one ever expected me to "notice". There must be something genetic with the taste buds, like that high school "can you taste the bitterness" biology experiment... I just can't stand the Pepsi "stuff".)

So... at least we are now warned.
We'll have another destination where we arrive with a sack full of Diet Cokes that the bell staff can help carry to our rooms. In these cases, we usually just load up a bit at airport gift shops as we exit.
That tends to be less expensive than requesting that the Concierge staff arrange for someone to "get some DIet Coke" to have waiting in our rooms.
Sometimes, on Club/Concierge floors, they are happy to help, or they already have a stash for such requests

I wonder how this whole nonsense started, where the beverage companies had enough leverage to enforce the "ours or theirs, but not both" rule...

GC