FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seating guide: Boeing 787 Dreamliner
View Single Post
Old Feb 7, 2018, 12:55 pm
Contador

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Geordie405
There seems to be a paucity of information regarding the better WT+ seats on the 787-9 so I am wondering if anyone has any insight to share? I will be on BA280 from LAX - LHR on 4th May and I am currently in 18J.

I am assuming row 16 other than having extra legroom as being a bulkhead row suffers from the usual issue of a slightly narrower seat as the video screen is contained within the seat? Equally, row 21 is to be avoided owing to it being adjacent to the toilets?

For the 787-9 are the tray tables in the arm rest, or do they fold down from the seat in front? I know that the IFE control unit boxes are an issue in WT but I presume they aren't on the floor in WT+ and hence no seats are to be avoided because of this?

Thanks!
I don’t think there’s any noticeable difference in the width of the bulkhead / non-bulkhead seats.

The tray tables are in the arm rests, and so if the person in front reclines it doesn’t move your table.

There are IFE boxes on the floor, but I find you still have plenty of footroom and they’re not an issue.

One other small point is that the IFE screens have to be stowed for takeoff and landing in the bulkhead seats, whereas you can continue watching throughout takeoff and landing in the other seats.

Personally I prefer the bulkhead aisle seats when travelling on my own, as the person next to you can get in and out without you having to move. I also find I have more sense of space compared to the other seats, particularly without anyone able to recline towards you. But if you’re quite tall you might find you can stretch your legs out more fully in the non-bulkhead seats.

But it’s pretty marginal stuff – I find it’s a good cabin with generally good seats throughout.