FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speculation: Possible Routes (Flights) and Hubs, Discussion - (2017 on)
Old Feb 7, 2018, 11:49 am
scnzzz

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
This whole CLT versus PHL thing is getting really old.....couldn’t care less about either airport and actively avoid them.
Based on the West Coast - if I have a 5-6 hour TCON to connect to Europe, the 3-class JFK service is far more attractive than the flying Greyhounds used on the CLT/PHL runs from SFO (and LAX beats both, with DFW being a distant second). AA needs to up the TCON game to make PHL an attactive connection for premium flyers from the West Coast. The same goes for CLT, except with far fewer TATL options of course.

Originally Posted by perseus11
My speculated routes from PHL in 2018/2019, include NRT, PEK, GIG, MOW, DEL and maybe even MEL non-stop, if AA can get the right plane. Also, I'm almost 100% certain that several of the AA JFK-LHR flights will be moving to PHL to compensate for the continuing reduction in AA's connecting flows through JFK. AND PHL-TLV will return in 2018/2019 with 2 nonstops, using 3 aircraft. One of the flights may be seasonal, but I'm not certain about that.
^

Originally Posted by diver858
^^^
Consistent BAD experiences connecting through PHL from the Caribbean to SAN, when only option available for Saaver J/F awards. Have given up completely at this point - even as initial bookings, to be replaced by the inevitable schedule change or last minute availability of a more desirable routing.
Good to know, will continue to avoid PHL where feasible...