FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stop the cruise I want to get off
View Single Post
Old Feb 7, 2018, 4:56 am
bicker

Originally Posted by xooz
Too often I see this as an immediate response, indicating that posters should have already posed their scenario to the travel vendor before bothering the FT community. I believe that it is reasonable to post a question to get some feedback from the community before calling. It allows you to have some basis to assess the response you get from the travel company. If for example others have been successful and you call and are told no way, you already know it is reasonable to hang up and call again. There are other insights that can be helpful to have before contacting the supplier,

Discouraging people in their attempts to get travel insights on Flyertalk seems to be against the mission and spirit. I know there are plenty of annoying " Research my trip for me" posts, but one can just scroll on by.
I agree completely. In this particular case, I would suspect that someone (perhaps none of us, but someone) would actually know what department to ask for to pose that question. It may not be something that the 1-800 number agent would necessarily know about. From what I've read on other forums, that's the case for some cruise lines. Unfortunately, I don't recall the specifics myself. If no one here does, I would suggest visiting some other cruise-related forums and posing your question, since I'm pretty sure there are some passenger insights that would be quite valuable to obtain.