FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tokyo Luxury Hotels (consolidated thread -- older thread, now closed)
Old Feb 6, 2018, 3:39 pm
scented

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I have to say I agree that expectations seem to be unrealistic.

If one wants concierge to make reservations, send a concise email with a few straightforward requests. They aren’t personal assistants, and it is not their job to execute a laundry list of intricate demands from a first time guest by a fixed “deadline.”

I feel really sorry for the concierge team. They shouldn’t be treated this way and then subjected to compaints and negative online commentary.
I usually tend to agree with you 100% and I do think R-C is amongst Tokyo's top hotels, but surely this town is a foodie destination and if someone's primary goal is to dine at the various excellent Michelin starred restaurants, I do believe not only should the hotel identify that but also try to secure as many reservations as they possibly can. What may sound like a list of intricate demands often is the most clear, straight-forward and precise way to articulate what he/she wants.

Not really sure where the problem is, but on the other side it is sad to see a guest itinerary ruined, especially if planned so long in advance.

If I have an important stay/tough reservations I usually ask the GM to put me in touch with the hotel's Chief Concierge, which helps tremendously in these instances. FS Dubai Concierge once dropped the ball three times during a single stay and only senior management was able to rectify.