FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First time in F on SQ--I'm having trouble picking flights and planes
Old Feb 6, 2018, 4:06 am
firstclass123

First time in F on SQ--I'm having trouble picking flights and planes

Hi all!

This is my first time posting on FlyerTalk but I have used this site as a resource for a long time. I have never flown first class before and I am excited to say that I am getting ready to book my first first class flights on SQ from PEK-SIN and from SIN-HKG.

My two options for PEK-SIN are SQ 801 (12:10am-6:45am) which has SQ's new first class on the 777-300ER, and SQ 807 (4:40pm-11:20pm) which is on the A380 so there is Suites class.

On the SIN-HKG there is saver award availability (37,500 KrisFlyer miles) on SQ 2 (18:30-22:15) on the 777-300ER with the new first class, and there is waitlist availability on the New Suites Class on the A380 on SQ 860 (8:25-12:25) (There is also standard award availability on this flight for 70,000 miles--an extra 32,500 KrisFlyer)

Questions and Concerns:
I heard there is a shorter meal service on red-eye flights but how much smaller will the meal service be on the overnight PEK-SIN than on the daytime flight? If I Book The Cook will the meal service be just as large?
I really want to get the amenity kit and pajamas but I'm not sure if the extra amenities make up for a shorter meal service and worse flight? Thoughts?
How likely is it that SQ will release waitlist availability on the SIN-HKG flight with the New Suites? And if they don't would it be worth it to spend the extra 32,500 KrisFlyer miles for a standard award for the experience?
On a daytime flight can you ask for an amenity kit and pajamas even if they usually don't offer them?