FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bad Customer Service Experience: Am I in the Wrong?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 5:48 am
ASismyfav
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Of course there can be consistncy and there should be consistency.

If event A is something for which compensation is determined not to be payable, then all agentd should decline to give compensation
If event B is something for which compensation of a particular levl should be paid, then that is what should be paid.

With a consistent approach, all get treated equally, not based on luck of agent connected to or by whining hard enough to as many agents as possible

You missed the flight and when it was found that you booked through an agent, you were quite correctly referred back to the agent. If you had booked with Emirates, then Emirate's ticketing staff would have dealt with it
First off I did not “miss the flight.” I had DXB-MEL with a misconnect, and they refused to put me on the hour later flights of DXB-MEL or DXB-AKL-MEL. I’m not god, and I cannot control accidents, unfortunately. I would not be getting something I’m not entitled to. I held a valid ticket for travel on this route. The ticket remained valid, despite EK supervisors making a decision solely based on money, and not Customer Service.

Second off I was not “found that l booked through an agent, and were quite correctly referred back to the agent. immediately who I booked with.” Immediately? No. Had that happened I could have gotten Alaska to get me on those flights. I learned an important lesson. Your statement is absurd. Did you totally miss the part where the supervisor kept me there screaming and arguing with me while all the flights I could’ve gotten on left? I’d at least of had some respect for Emirates if they said “we can’t (don’t want to) help you call Alaska” from the beginning. But it was more important for EK supervisor to yell and argue with me.

The supervisor argued with me until all flights possible had taken off . So there was nothing “immediate” about any of this.