FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - On-Board WIFI (2013-2022)
View Single Post
Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:23 pm
roadracer

Programs: AC*SEMM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by philelite
EDIT: Nevermind, the tool is based off of old information. For example, all the 77W (28J) all have wi-fi, but the tool is showing no wi-fi for a bunch of flights that are 77W (28J) equipment. I wish they would just publish a list of which FINs have it.
AC007 definitely had Wi-Fi, and over China as well. The new coverage map now shows coverage for most of the world. I'll see if I can grab that on the return flight.

Comments:

1. If the plane supports Wi-Fi, there will be a Wi-Fi logo on the right-hand side wall as your enter the plane from the jet bridge.

2. The SSID is "ACWiFi", which should be the only network available at 35,000 feet. Bandwidth was pretty good, with only a slight lag... although I was one of the only people using it. $10 for a 13.5 hour flight is a decent deal. We'll see how long they keep the promotional pricing.

3. While my Apple iPhone/iPad Safari browser had no trouble redirecting to the GoGo landing page, my Win7 laptop Chrome browser would not redirect from either an HTTP or HTTPS address. Manually typing in the whitelisted URL "www.gogoair.com" in the browser seemed to redirect it correctly.

4. If you log onto a second device with your GoGo account while in flight, the internet connection with switch to your second device.

5. Interestingly, you can still do Google searches outside of the paywall. However, clicking on any of the search results (or any other URL for that matter) won't work until you actually log in and pay.