FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANA RTW Award Booking Reports/Discussion
View Single Post
Old Feb 4, 18, 1:09 pm
bobbybrown

Should we make it into a sticky and allure more reports?

I arranged my parents' luxurious RTW thanks to ANA and AMEX MR. Paid 105,000+$450 per person for this itinerary all in business class:
ICN-SFO OZ
EWR-FCO UA
FCO-ATH A3
ATH-CAI MS
CAI-IST TK
IST-DEL TK
DEL-ICN OZ
Total 6 stops (8 is max), 3 in Europe (which is max possible in Europe), and one open-jaw.

My take-home messages are:
- I relied on star alliance round-the-world itinerary quote that prices out tax and total distance. It was very close to my final charge. Travel distance from the website was very exact to what ANA quoted.
- ANA agent couldn't see AI award seats although UA or AC website showed availability.
- A3 (Aegean) isn't searchable at ANA website, but the phone agent could find it.
- Regarding travel distance, open-jaw sector isn't added which is fair. But a same flight number with a stop (TG 628 BKK-HKG-ICN) sums BKK-HKG and HKG-ICN, not a direct distance from BKK to ICN.
- Once purchase, only date change is allowed. No airline change, no routing change. If airline and/or routing should be changed, be aware that ANA has to cancel whole itinerary and rebook which means reserved award seats might not be available anymore.
- ANA phone agents are very smart and fast and consistent (HUCA didn't work for me).

Regarding travel itself:
- Short haul business class worths every penny.
- OZ&TK overrated. UA&A3 underrated. IST lounge was awesome, though.