FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sanity check of my planned activities in Palestine/Israel
Old Feb 4, 2018, 12:00 pm
YuropFlyer

Originally Posted by Ditto
Arrival immigration might be interesting when you tell them you are headed to Betlehem and when they notice the stamps in your passport, it might be quick but be prepared that it might also take considerably longer.

Keep in mind that Jerusalem is pretty high up, and it is not impossible for temperatures to drop closer to 0, so check closer to the date and make sure to check Jerusalem and not Tel Aviv as there could be quite a big difference.

With only 2,5 days, I'm more inclined to say that you should probably spend Sunday in Jerusalem and only head to Betlehem in the evening (depends on how tired you are of course), then on Monday you can go to the dead sea and Monday afternoon/Tuesday morning sight seeing in Betlehem
Great advise, I think I'll do as suggested by you regarding Jerusalem (if I can't finish it all on Sunday, I can still head earlier on Tuesday there, before heading to the airport since I need to pass through it anyway) and the Dead Sea. A relatively relaxed Monday with just the Dead Sea might make more sense indeed. Also, good suggestion regarding the height of Jerusalem. I'm used to really cold weather, so hopefully still fine

Luckily got a relatively new passport. I've not doubt the Israelis will still know where I've all been, but it might make things a bit easier (new passport just being 2/3rds full, old one was stamped beyond readability, making my departure from Lebanon a bit hard since they were locking for an Israeli stamp for 15minutes before giving up and believing me.. - that was the time when Israel still stamped, I know now I'm only going to get some paper which I better not lose)

Originally Posted by Fredrik74
From all I read it's leaving Israel that will be the challenge. TS should clean his computer from 'everything' since it will be scanned by the Israelis.
That's what I heard too. I'll schedule to be at the airport 3hrs before departure (if all goes fine, more lounge time, lol) - and I won't bring anything but my clean smartphone. Not planning on bringing anything else electronically. If they're interested in various food, aircraft, airport, lounge and travel pictures I'll make their day