FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Trip Delay Reimbursement (Prestige, Chairman, HHonors, AAdvantage)
Old Feb 3, 2018, 8:32 pm
extremeromance

Originally Posted by flyershmlyer
This a disturbing trend, and as the last few pages show that this exact issue is people's main gripe with the trip insurance. The (very) few that got any resolution, didn't only have to escalate several levels up (supervisor of supervisor), but also involve Citi and/or threaten to involve an attorney. One channel only didn't do the trick.

It's clear at this point that this is the working practice of Citi's trip delay insurance, despite what the terms indicate. And the reps can't (unwilling?) to override the practice.

So either:

1. They change their terms/practice to match each other. Most likely changing of terms.

2. People accept it as the working definition of trip delay and base your bookings off that. Unless they want to invest significant amount of time to get someone very higherup who can override their practice.

With that in mind, are other insurances also the same? someone in Chases's forum said the exact same thing for Chase (and BofA) insurance, but is that the norm there?

At this point, which insurance has seamless coverage for missed connections?
I would like to know this as well, to me it seems like Citi was having to pay too many claims on missed connections and bent the rules their way and tightened things up, I don't think I will get anywhere with my case considering the above poster went way up the ladder without any results.