FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Idea: Replace Club World LCY with LHR-JFK "Club Concorde"
Old Feb 3, 2018, 2:18 pm
Kumulani

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by KARFA
even if going to lga were possible, I am not sure why would it make any sense? Compared to JFK, there would be much fewer connection possibilities with oneworld partners, the airport is horrid, and the transport options to Manhattan are terrible. Would LGa offer any advantage?
LGA is undergoing a huge redevelopment right now. It's getting a brand new terminal to replace the dump that is there now, and an AirTrain that will connect it to the subway. Even putting that aside though, the whole idea of LGA is that you're not spending much time at the airport, you're just getting there when you need to for your flight so crappy facilities shouldn't be a huge deal. LGA is quicker by taxi to Manhattan than JFK and EWR, and are that many people on BA1 connecting to public transit or partner airlines? In my experience most New Yorkers prefer to use LGA when possible over the other airports due to its compactness and proximity to Manhattan.

Originally Posted by orbitmic
i agree with your point on public transport, but jfk itself is not that great (if public transport is a consideration, ewr is pretty much the only decent option to Manhattan) and the airport is still much closer to Manhattan. At peak time, the difference is really noticeable.
Is NJ Transit from EWR really that much better than LIRR from JFK? I can't say I've noticed much of a difference myself, and I love the discount opportunities coming from JFK (10-trip AirTrain MetroCard, LIRR CityTicket fare on weekends).