FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2018 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Feb 3, 2018, 1:41 pm
sledge1

Programs: not sure
thanks NW1 Flyer and Simons1

I tried attaching the correspondence with BA to see if others are experiencing the same BA brush off tactics as a public record of how BA operate but got a URL message that I need 5 posting before I can post URL???.

BA advised me on 1 December that they notified me 60 hours of the cancellation before the scheduled flight (which I never received) and rejected my EU compensation claim and that's the last message ever received from BA .

My 3 Dec response asks them .
Q1. To substantiate how they contacted me 60 hours before and forward a copy as proof.
Q2. If they new 60 hours before the scheduled flight was cancelled, why they never offered an alternative carrier to get me to my destination on time.
Q3, Substantiate with 3rd Party independent proof that the flight was cancelled due to operational circumstances beyond their control.

A reminder was sent on the 15 December and a new case was sent on referencing the previous case number on 15 January with a 10 day deadline to respond and nothing has been forthcoming.so will pursue it via MCOL and post the outcome in case anybody else on my flight reads it .including BA thanks again guys.

Your 03 /12/2017 response to my 02/12/2017 fails to answer the questions put to you and is just wasting our time.

If you persist with this approach, I reserve the right to claim 50 pounds sterling for each wasted attempt in communicating with you.

My 2/12/2017 Q2 Asked you why you never offered me an alternative carrier when you cancelled my flight. I have no record of your 03/12/207 claim that you notified me that you cancelled my flight on 03 November at 14:45.which is 60 hours before it was scheduled on 6 November 2017.

Accordingly
Q1 Please advise how you notified me that you cancelled my flight on 03 November at 14:45 and substantiate it with proof.

Q2 If you were aware in advance that you were cancelling the flight you had adequate time to offer me an alternative carrier which you failed to do. Why did you not offer an alternative carrier to get me to my destination on time????

Q3. My 2/12/2017 Q3 asked you "Provide full support documented evidence clearly proofing it was an operational circumstances outside of your control" which you have failed to respond to. Instead you sent me a generic drop down link option (" Confirmation that your BA flight was cancelled") which is time wasting as we are now both fully aware you cancelled the flight 60 hours prior to its scheduled departure. Accordingly you should be fully capable of answering my 2/12/2017 Q3 and submit official proof of your claim endorsed by an independent authority that the you cancelled flight BA0072 for 6 November 60 hours before schedule due to "operational circumstances outside of your control”

Reiterating, failing to answer, I reserve t
Regards
I received a auto reply on 15 January 2018 with Case reference number xxxxx so I have a record have received it but no BA response since 3 December 2017

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Feb 3, 2018 at 11:16 pm Reason: Fix formatting for readability & remove case number for member privacy