FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bad Customer Service Experience: Am I in the Wrong?
Old Feb 3, 2018, 11:28 am
Dave Noble
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ASismyfav

Yes, but airline travel, and getting people from terminal to terminal, and plane to plane is not something that can be “consistent.” Accidents occur, diversions happen, incidents beyond anyone’s control happen. Life is complicated.

That’s why front line employees need leeway to make sensible decisions for passengers based on facts and unplanned misconnections, or incidents cannot be something you apply “consistency” to.

I would urge people on here who think EK ground staff do a good job when things go wrong on the ground (like in my case) to read “From Worst to First” by Gordon Bethune. EK upper management would do themselves a lot of good by reading it, implementing it, and giving a copy out to everyone of their ground staff members.
Of course there can be consistncy and there should be consistency.

If event A is something for which compensation is determined not to be payable, then all agentd should decline to give compensation
If event B is something for which compensation of a particular levl should be paid, then that is what should be paid

With a consistent approach, all get treated equally, not based on luck of agent connected to or by whining hard enough to as many agents as possible

You missed the flight and when it was found that you booked through an agent, you were quite correctly referred back to the agent. If you had booked with Emirates, then Emirate's ticketing staff would have dealt with it