FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche
View Single Post
Old Feb 3, 2018, 10:43 am
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Review Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche

Introduction I am happy to do the 2nd review of this very nice hotel, after the one done by my friend from the FB/AFKL forum: Orbitmic :-). Weeks before my stay, I already received confirmation of my club Millesime access and other platinum benefits. I had a great stay. The property, the rooms, the club lounge and the staff are all great. I have sincerely not a single negative point to report. Specifically, I didn’t encounter any sleeping problem/noise coming from the rooftop bar unlike Orbitmic (I think they addressed the issue). LCAH status recognition was perfect too.The hotel is conveniently located on Abu Dhabi corniche (in case you didn’t guess from its name ;-) ). Valet parking is free. Check In I checked-in in the middle of the night after coming from DXB with a rental car and an horrible drive all the way (150 km) due to very heavy fog. Check-in was rapid and pro. Was thanked for my loyalty, was told I was upgraded from « luxury king size bed, sea view » to Opera King suite on the 34th floor (club Millesime is on the 35th floor). Drink voucher was given.Pictures of the main lobby: Room Suite was large and nice. The living room part included a separate toilet & sink, a large sofa, desk, minibar and Nespresso machine. Splendid view on the corniche road and the sea. Very comfy MyBed. Large bathroom in 3 parts (bathtub/shower, sink, toilets). Welcome gift was a plate of sliced fruits and madeleines with a welcome letter from the GM. Turndown service every evening. I have taken pictures at night when I arrived and during daytime the following day.View from the room: Swimming Pool There is an outdoor pool on a terrace on the 2nd floor with a bar & restaurant.Picture taken above my head, when lying on a pool bed. Club Millesime Club lounge is on the 35th floor and offer great view on the persian gulf. Unfortunately you cannot check-in/out from the lounge. But the service was superb. There is a small cold selection for the breakfast but you can order plenty of warm options from the menu.Free evening cocktails time is from 6 to 8 pm. Here is part of what’s available for food in the evening. Dining Outside Club Millesime, there are several restaurants and bar :ground floor : main restaurant for BF and for buffet lunch/dinner (different kind of ethnic food every day)2nd floor : an italian restaurant and the pool bar/restaurant. The latter is open until 9 pm and I had dinner there one evening : an excellent arabic mixed grill.36/37th floor : rooftop bar. You can enjoy your drink voucher there (specific menu available, with plenty of choice). Great view of the city.GF restaurant:Rooftop bar: Service Service was great everywhere, from the housekeeping staff to management. Overall Overall, a highly recommended hotel. I would return without hesitation.