FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bad Customer Service Experience: Am I in the Wrong?
Old Feb 3, 2018, 9:32 am
ASismyfav
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Conversely, I would view consistently applying policy according to the rules is pretty much the definition od good service

I class inconsistent approaches to be really bad and simply favour those that play agent roulette and keep whining until they get an agent that will ignore policies/rules
Yes, but airline travel, and getting people from terminal to terminal, and plane to plane is not something that can be “consistent.” Accidents occur, diversions happen, incidents beyond anyone’s control happen. Life is complicated.

That’s why front line employees need leeway to make sensible decisions for passengers based on facts and unplanned misconnections, or incidents cannot be something you apply “consistency” to.

I would urge people on here who think EK ground staff do a good job when things go wrong on the ground (like in my case) to read “From Worst to First” by Gordon Bethune. EK upper management would do themselves a lot of good by reading it, implementing it, and giving a copy out to everyone of their ground staff members.