FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to use Sapphire Reserve rewards later..
Old Feb 3, 2018, 7:01 am
bigshooter

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by iowa guy
After reading several of the posts in that thread it seems like it could turn out to be a losing deal, at best, when using the Chase travel booking portal.

I think I'd like to close my CSR account and transfer my points to a partner but I haven't decided on which one yet. Do any or the UR transfer partners allow transferring to another program? For example, if I transfer my CSR UR points to United, can I transfer those points anywhere later?

FYI, I would like to use these points for a trip to Greece.
Honestly I'd stop overthinking it. You'll need to wait a while to stockpile points (you didn't say how many you had), but once you do just dump them into United. If you're in Iowa I assume you're flying out of Des Moines or Omaha so United will work very well for you. They have good award availability, even with partner airlines, and low fees. If you want to fly to Greece United will get you there one way or the other.

Also if you're planning a trip to Greece the CSR $300 travel credit will probably come in handy (to pay those award ticket fees or incidentals while travelling) and it's travel insurance is very useful.

Edited because I just noticed you had Ink Preferred. Do you have high cell phone/telecom spend that justifies the 3x on that card vs. 3x on dining and travel on the CSR? If you don't then cancel it and keep the CSR for the benefits.