FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Contingency planning at the start of a TP run to PRG
Old Feb 3, 2018, 2:50 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by bisonrav
There's a risk that because this is a 10.30 am flight and I'm travelling from the Gatwick area on the National Express coach, trouble on the M25 might create a bit of squeaky bum time. If all goes to plan I get to T3 by 8am which is loads of time - it's the earliest I can get there because of trains to Gatwick.
I'm still only on my first coffee, so I really shouldn't be posting on Flyertalk, but the "trains to Gatwick" and "National Express from Gatwick" isn't squaring neatly in the CWS brain. Time for more coffee I guess. Maybe you're taking a train to GTW and a coach from LGW to LHR. However if you are HBO and have a choice / time, I would personally suggest Southern and tube over National Express at that hour. There is a small risk in that LGW to East Croydon is a choke point, but once past East Croydon you are pretty much guaranteed to make the trip in 90 minutes or so, fractionally less on HEX. The National Express will normally win the race, but there is a more consistent, timed set of services on the train.