FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bad Customer Service Experience: Am I in the Wrong?
Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:37 pm
ioto1902

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Usually, EK handles very well short connections or missed connections.
But, the involuntary no-show on a reward ticket is probably not in the manual, and EK customer care at DXB is not good in general. They go by the book and sometimes they don't even respect the law.
That's the way it is, and I don't expect it to change.
OP can write to DOT if he wants. Good for us all here if it leads to some improvements.

Now, concerning the many passionate exchanges here.
As OP's title is a question "am I in the wrong ?", he has to accept No but also Yes. As we don't have all the facts, answers can only be partial and subjective.
I guess that there were some emotional reactions due to OP's racial prejudice, and maybe, some sensed that this bias may have influenced his talk and worsened EK supervisors' poor performance.
Nobody can tell for sure. Unfortunately, NatGeo cameras were not there to record the moment.

Anyway, this raises questions :
> F bus leaves without verifying that all F pax have boarded the bus ?!? I remember that last time (last month), EK staff was verifying. It doesn't take long to count up to 14 ...
> A traffic accident can block a bus filled with pax for 40 minutes ?!? EK doesn't have alternate routes or replacement buses ?!? Does EK accept that these poor fellows miss their connections ?!?

Just my two-fils.