FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QF WP's off to LHR - conundrum and questions
Old Jun 21, 2004, 5:43 am
Dave Noble
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ozzie
I agree with Dave - Thameslink is definitely the way to go here. I would have no troubles walking it except if I had a ridiculous amount of luggage.

Whilst it is the quickest, can someone please tell me why the Thameslink takes 15 minutes to get from London Bridge to Blackfriars (a journey of about a mile) - I know it's in the timetable, but that must be one of the most painfully long train journeys by distance anywhere in the UK.
It isn't normally timetabled as 15 mins between London Br and Blackfriars, it's typically 7 minutes. e.g. 16:00 arrives 16:07. There are a couple of peak services where it extends up to 12 minutes. This is due to the platforming of thameslink services. They depart London Bridge from Platform 6 but then has to cross across all the other lines to hop onto the line towards Blackfriars. Due to the number of trains coming down from Charing Cross and Cannon Street, it takes a while. This is the reason why there are so few Thameslink services which service London Bridge during the peak hours

Dave