FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:56 pm
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ktmangione
I have two querstions. I have a category 8 package to use this year.
I am going to the los angeles area. If I am doing tourist sightseeing what are would be best?
Second question - When I look at residence inns it says reward is for studio. What is the probility that I can get upgraded to the normal suite room?
If you are Gold/Plat, the Studio to "regular 1 bedroom" upgrade is fairly common. Frankly, the room sizes aren't all that different in many RI's, but when we had small children sleeping on the pull-out it was nice to have the door separating the bedroom.

The harder upgrade to get at RI is the 1- to 2-bedroom, as many properties have very few 2BR to give.

"The Los Angeles area" is huge. We've taken a few vacation trips to the area and tend to settle in the Huntington Beach or Newport Beach areas, but usually only head into LA and SD (the cities themselves) one day each. Other than that, we stay fairly local to the beach towns near our hotel... Map out the places you want to visit and then select a hotel near there - one that minimizes your time spent in traffic.