FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)
Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:13 am
Biggie Fries

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
That's true. I mentioned that only to point out that the hotels nested within the airfare purchases paid in (small) part with the Chase Ritz Carlton Visa would be paid by a card other than the the Chase Ritz Carlton Visa (in this case, by Citi Prestige). And thus (some of) my confusion:

When I see the blog stories about trip cancellation coverage (and when I read through the benefits associated with Chase RC Visa), everything seems to be governed by the purchase of plane tickets. Am I missing something(s) here, e.g.,,
  • that you can only request compensation for expenses within the airfare-purchased card domain (Chase RC Visa) that are also charged to the Chase RC Visa?
  • or that trip cancellation compensation is not governed by the airfare purchase card, that in the case of an AP non-refundable hotel, you could ask for that separately, from the card to which it was billed (in my case, Prestige, which may be what you are trying to tell me?)